Seasonal Home Maintenance Aide
Salary: $15.00 Hourly
Location: 0201 - Aging
Job Type: Part-time Employee
Job Number: 6548-HR
Department: 0201 - Aging
Opening Date: 05/18/2023
Closing Date: 6/15/2023 11:59 PM Eastern
Examples of Duties
Under supervision, provides in-home supportive services to elderly and/or physically challenged Cleveland residents. Assists in routine home and lawn maintenance. Performs simple household repairs. Completes necessary paperwork and administrative tasks. Provides occasional group transportation in City vehicle for clients. Distributes program literature, as needed. Mows, edges, and trims lawns. Trims hedges and shrubs. Rakes leaves. Installs smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Does light painting in limited areas. Thoroughly cleans home interior. Performs limited window washing. Installs or removes storm windows. Performs other job-related duties as required.
A High School Diploma or GED is required. A valid State of Ohio Driver's License with good driving record is required. Must be a responsible, detail-oriented individual with home and lawn care experience.
- Performs exterior maintenance tasks in various weather conditions such as cutting and trimming lawns, raking leaves, and performing leaf cleanups
- Shovels snow and spread salt to resident property walkways and ramps
- Operate gas-powered tools such as; lawn mowers, gas string trimmer, gas, blower, gas hedge trimmers and snow blowers
- Visually inspect the property being serviced for any hazards. Notifies residents of service to be conducted
- Loads equipment and supplies weighing up to 50lbs into City vehicle as needed
- Works as an individual and team member to complete assigned tasks
- Completes paperwork, daily mileage & vehicle log sheets, and other administrative paperwork
- Report resident or property issues to the supervisor
- Assist resident in general indoor chores such as light cleaning, installing smoke detectors or changing batteries
- Assist with Department and Aging signature outreach events.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
The City of Cleveland makes available a variety of benefit options depending upon your employment status and any applicable union membership. In general, benefit options include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, prescription medical and life insurance. Specific information regarding benefit eligibility will be discussed and reviewed at the time of hire.