How to Report an Emergency
- Answer all questions as clearly and calmly as possible.
- Stay on the line (if safety permits) and hang up only when told to do so by an EMS dispatcher.
- Know the location: Although the 911 system displays the address of the location from which a call is coming from, callers are asked to verify all address information, sometimes more than once.
- If it is dark, turn on any outdoor lighting to help the ambulance driver find the home or structure where the emergency is located. If possible, have someone meet and direct the ambulance and paramedics to the patient(s).
- Residents with internet phone service should contact their service provider to determine if they can connect to local emergency services by dialing 9-1-1. If not, the EMS number is 216.623.4545. A cell phone may also be utilized for emergency calls.