Division of Fire


Division of Fire FAQs

Organizers must obtain a Temporary Hazardous Substance Permit for any festival or event lasting five (5) consecutive days or less. The cost of the permit is $20.00, payable to the City of Cleveland. 

If diesel fuel will be used to run a generator, a separate permit is required. The size of the generator’s fuel tank determines the cost of this permit. Both should be obtained at least 10 days prior to the start of the festival.

Residents who have hydrants located on their tree lawns are asked to make sure they are clear and visible during the winter season.

Yes, fire sprinkler systems can be installed in residential homes, but a Fire Protection permit is required. Call 216.664.6800 for more information.